• I have an entire fencing system coming in the next day or two. I’m looking forward to having a deer free zone to plant into.
• Karen and I ended our negotiations with the county on creating enough parking space for Monday nights. We had originally hoped to create parking along the road but that idea wasn’t popular with the county engineer that we talked to and we had some safety concerns. On March 31st, the county put in an entrance so that people can park on the grassy hill just east of our place.
• We had just enough dry weather before the rains to enable me to plant a first round of spring crops in late March. However, given the cool, wet weather we may have to push back our opening day to May 11th or even May 18th.
• I can use some extra hands on some of the weekends coming up. If you might have a Saturday afternoon free and don’t mind some (wo)manual labor, please let me know and I’ll add you to the small but growing list of possible weekend garden helpers. Vajo came out last Saturday and helped me dig, clean, move and organize some of the thousands of bricks we have where gardens need to go.
• Ana is selling tomatoes again this year. Send her an email to email@example.com if you would like to order from her this year. She will be growing some of the favorites from years past plus some new promising varieties.
This entry was posted on Tuesday, April 7th, 2009 at 7:49 am and is filed under